8/21/13

Hip-Hop|Club Banger Reviews (30) [August 2013 Edition]

It has been over a year since I've updated this blog. It feels like it's been forever since the last time I was on here. Even though I haven't been reviewing tracks I have been keeping up with the latest hits.There is just way too many to review, but I'll try my best to at least review the betters ones.

I can't believe the summer hits on the radio is so bad. Last year (2012) was so much better. Luckily the club scene still has bangers to dance to. Good ones at that too. R&B is also looking to make a comeback and I hope it does. Too much pop music for my taste.

I have updated a few things on my blog. I created a twitter account. Follow me @Music2URearZ. This is where I'll be posting my latest info on updates and anything involving music. I've also added an iTunes playlist on the right side of the page. Every time I post a review I will also update the playlist. So you can sample the song or album and then buy it off of iTunes if you like. If some of you don't see the playlist, I recommend disabling Adblock just for this page. 

I've added Google Wallet as well. If you want to support and donate you are more then welcome to do so.

Since there are so many tracks to review I'm going to do an overall club banger rating. The rating will change to a maximum of 10. 

I think that about wraps it up. Now on to the stuff you wanted to hear. Club bangers, slow bangers, and bangers in general. Last of the summer month so stock up and dance the night away.

(Click on iTunes pic for the track)

Miguel feat. Kendrick Lamar - How Many Drinks? (Remix)* 
Release Date: April 2013


7/10

Miguel. Miguel. One of the upcoming artists that is getting recognition from all around the music industry. He and a handful of other artists are bringing back the smooth R&B. I classify this as a slow banger. This will get everyone in the mood to dance... slowly... It is a great track for those moments where you just need to cool down from twerking or what other dance move you could pull off. Kendrick Lamar really complements this track too.

Recommended for most playlists.  

B.o.B feat. 2 Chainz - Headband* 
Release Date: May 2013


7/10

B.o.B is doin' his thing in this fun track. I feel at least one club banger has to have whistling in it. And this one does it right. 2 Chainz features in this one, but he doesn't really add anything. Download and whistle along. 

Recommended for most playlists.

The-Dream feat. Jay-Z - High Art* 
Release Date: May 2013


7/10

What can I say about The-Dream that I haven't said before. He's been around the game for awhile now. And he is one of the R&B artists that is pretty consistent. This track could be great as a mash-up or added to the list as a slower banger. Jay-Z is great here and adds oomph to the track. 

Recommended for most playlists.  

2 Chainz feat. Wiz Khalifa - We Own It 
Release Date: May 2013


7/10

This track is from the Fast & Furious 6 album. It is more to hype you up before the clubs. Dang it hypes you up though. It's fast... It's furious... No pun intended. 2 Chainz and Wiz Khalifa did a great collaboration on this track.

Recommended for most playlists.

Major Lazer feat. Bruno Mars, Tyga & Mystic - Bubble Butt*
Release Date: June 2013


8/10

Bubble. Buuubble butt. Buuuubbble butt. I think you'll get the hang of the track once you listen to it. It's pretty contagious and a fun track to dance to. It's definitely a club banger. Tyga goes hard on this one.

Recommended for most playlists.

Twista feat. R. Kelly - Throwin My Money*
Release Date: May 2013


7/10

Twista featuring R. Kelly. Enough said. R. Kelly the reigning king of R&B. Twista the old school flow machine. Great combination. Great slow banger.

Recommended for most playlists.  

Fabolous feat. Chris Brown - Ready*
Release Date: Jan. 2013


7/10

This is a great last track on your playlist. It sets the mood perfectly for the after party. If you know what I mean. The slow bangers just keep coming. Chris Brown with his smooth vocals and Fabolous layin' down the track.

Recommended for most playlists.  

Flo Rida feat. Future - Tell Me When You Ready
Release Date: May 2013


6/10

I really like this track. But it could be so much better. I'm not sure Future was a great match for this track. He reminds me of T-Pain with his autotune. Flo Rida always does his thing as far as club bangers go. Great beat though.

Recommended for casual playlists.

* = Explicit 


No comments:

Post a Comment