1/3/12

Hip-Hop|Club Banger Reviews (27) [January 2012 Edition]

Welcome to a brand new year. 2012. I hope everyone had a great and memorable 2011 and I hope it continues on to this new year. There were many great club bangers last year and I'm anticipating for even more goodness this year. I apologize for not updating for December. There was so many things going on last month that I just didn't have time to be on the computer often. One of my new year's resolution is to update this blog more often. So hopefully you all keep me honest and leave a message if I haven't updated for a long while.  There are no new releases yet so this update will be the rest of 2011 stuff. So lets start off the new year with some bangers and get this started.

(Click on the pics for the tracks on iTunes)

Ashanti feat. Busta Rhymes - The Woman You Love  ~ 135 bpm*
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 3/5
The Ladies - 4.5/5
Lastability - 3.5/5

It's been awhile hasn't it. She's been under the radar for awhile now and I'm glad she's finally coming back on to the scene. This song with Busta Rhymes is a good come back and I hope to hear more from her in 2012. Although this isn't a club banger in it's original form it will be great as a remix or mash up. Great lounge type of song though.

Recommended for casual playlists.

Berner feat. Big K.R.I.T. & Wiz Khalifa - Yoko  ~ 151 bpm*
Release Date: April 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 3.5/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 3.5/5

I can't believe I missed this track all the way from April. Oh well. Better late than never. It has a pretty catchy hook and it's well produced. I don't know much about Berner, but Big K.R.I.T. and Wiz Khalifa definitely make this track worth listening to. It has a walk into the club feelin' fly type of feel. Definite download.

Recommended for casual playlists.

Kreayshawn - Bumpin' Bumpin' ~ 99 bpm*
Release Date: 2010

icon icon

Club/Party - 3/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 1.5/5

I'm not sure what the hype is about her. But if I just want to have fun and not thinking about what I'm listening to. I guess I could play this song. I wouldn't mind a remix of this or dubstep mix. But I couldn't play this song all the way through in a club. Just bits and pieces would be sufficient. She is definitely interesting though.

Recommended for specific playlists.

Kreayshawn - Gucci Gucci ~ 155 bpm*
Release Date: June 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 2.5/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 1.5/5

Here is her second major released track. And it's... about the same. Maybe worse. Not sure. Haven't made up my mind yet. Instead of Bumpin' Bumpin' she says Gucci Gucci. Again if there was a club mix of this it would be okay. Just do a mash up and you'll be fine.

Recommended for specific playlists.

Charli Baltimore feat. Sally Anthony - Machine Gun ~ 130 bpm*
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 3.5/5
The Ladies - 2.5/5
Lastability - 3/5

I am really surprised with this song. This is the first time I've heard of Charli Baltimore. And I can't wait to hear more from her. This song is pretty good. Her flows are good and Sally Anthony really delivers the hook. Hard hitting bass. Great combination. Not a particular strong club banger, but it would be a great as a mash up. Download for sure.

Recommended for casual playlists.

Colette Carr feat. New Boyz - Sex ~ 120 bpm*
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 4.5/5
The Ladies - 2.5/5
Lastability - 3/5

This song will definitely get people up and dancin'. Hard hitting bass and a good hook is a winning formula. New Boyz doesn't even have to be in this song, because they are used so little in it. But whatever helps Colette get even more noticed. But definite club banger. Have this on your list to get the party started.

Recommended for most playlists.

Don Trip - The Life ~ 160 bpm*
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 3/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 2.5/5

This track is for people who just want to bump and bump hard. I liked his previous tracks and this one is enjoyable too. If you need something to pump you up for the night and re-energize your swag. This would be it.

Recommended for specific playlists.

Flo Rida feat. Sia - Wild Ones ~ 127 bpm
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 4.5/5
The Ladies - 4/5
Lastability - 3/5

Flo Rida = Club bangers. That's all you need to know. Basically you could just go to the club and play all of Flo Rida's tracks if you wanted to. This latest one is more of the same, but I really like Sia. And she shines in whatever she does. Definite download.

Recommended for all playlists.

Ja Rule feat. Anita Louise - Real Life Fantasy ~ 87 bpm*
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 3/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 3/5

Am I hearing this correctly? Are my ears betraying me? Ja Rule? I have not heard from him in ages. So I'm quite surprised that he's come back. And with a really good track too. Poppy sounding, but it fits really well. I enjoyed it quite a bit and I recommend this one. I guess I'll wait for his next track to see if he really is back.

Recommended for casual playlists.

Juvenile feat. Rick Ross - Power ~ 96 bpm*
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 2.5/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 2.5/5

Juvenile hasn't really made a hit since "Back That Azz Up". I don't think he ever will again. With that said this track isn't half bad. Well produced track and Rick Ross fits perfectly in this one. It's easily forgettable, but still pretty good.

Recommended for specific playlists.

Ke$ha feat. Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, T.I. & Andre 3000 - Sleazy Remix 2.0 - Get Sleazier ~ 85 bpm*
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 4/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 3/5

Goodness gracious. How many more people need to be on this track? This track is extra sleazy. Is it good? It's alright. Will this keep the club bumpin'? Yup yup. Ke$ha continues to make interesting collabos. Some of the hottest artists are on this track and definitely has some good bass hits. Definite download for the clubs/parties.

Recommended for casual playlists.

Lil' Kim - I Am Not the One ~ 98 bpm*
Release Date: Nov. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 2/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 3/5

Yikes. The Queen is back. Lil' Kim just spits raw fire. She's been gone for so long. And she is back and ready to take what belongs to her. Although this isn't a club banger it needs to be heard. This has more of a lounge type feel to it. I can't wait to hear more and the battle begins. Watch out Nicki.

Recommended for specific playlists.

Lil Twist feat. Busta Rhymes - Turn't Up ~ 135 bpm*
Release Date: Nov. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 3.5/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 3/5

Not bad. Not bad. Busta Rhymes. Amazing like usual. Lil Twist. He's interesting for sure. I'm gonna have to hear more from him to form my opinion. Other than that it's a pretty decent club banger. Recommend the download.

Recommended for casual playlists.

Mike Posner - Looks Like Sex ~ 105 bpm
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 4.5/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 3.5/5

This track oozes with sexiness. No pun intended. It's a great track to kind of slow down the club for some bump n grind action. Mike Posner has the voice to seduce the ladies and they will definitely dance to this. Must have on your playlist.

Recommended for all playlists.

Nelly - The Champ ~ 84 bpm
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 2/5
The Ladies - 5/5
Lastability - 3/5

As much I enjoy this song. As much as I like Nelly. I feel kind of disappointed. I do like some of his latest songs, but what made him famous was his earlier hits. What happened to Country Grammar or E.I.? This song is one of those feel good songs. Not a club banger, but more like easy listening inspirational song. It's pretty good and recommended. Although it's overplayed on ESPN.


Recommended for easy listening playlists.

Nicki Minaj - Roman in Moscow ~ 90 bpm*
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 2.5/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 2.5/5

This isn't really a club banger. It's not even actually a song. It's more of a rambling with beats. But if you can listen to it. It's funny. It's more of an intro to her new album later this year. I'm pretty sure you can use parts of it as a mash up though. So download if you want to laugh. Nicki Minaj just doin' her thing.

Recommended for specific playlists.

Royce da 5'9" feat. Joe Budden & Mr. Porter - My Own Planet ~ 103 bpm*
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 2.5/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 3/5

I really really enjoy this track. Everything from Royce so far is golden. His flows are smooth and exudes old school. Which I really like. I can see why Eminem affiliates with him. This sounds more like an old school joint with a new school sound. Not a club banger, but doesn't need to be. Lounge type of track.

Recommended for easy listening playlists.

Trae tha Truth feat. Wiz Khalifa, Lupe Fiasco, Big Boi, & MDMA - I'm On ~ 104 bpm*
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 2.5/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 3/5

Another amazing easy listening track. Love the collaboration with all the different artists. This one is a must download. You can just sit back and listen to this track for days. Smooth beats and smooth flows from all of the artists.

Recommended for easy listening playlists.

Tyga - Rack City ~ 99 bpm*
Release Date: Dec. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 4/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 3/5

This is the ultimate stripper track. And if you watch the music video. You understand I what I mean. This track is for some hard bump n grind. Tyga delivers some nice flows and beat is simple yet effective. Definite recommend if your crowd is in a diiiirty mood.

Recommended for casual playlists.

Vato Gonzalez feat. Foreign Beggars - Badman Riddim ~ 129 bpm*
Release Date: Sept. 2011

icon icon

Club/Party - 4.5/5
The Ladies - 1/5
Lastability - 3/5

I seriously have been listening to this track non-stop. It's crazy and the music video is even crazier. But that's why I can't stop listening. It is definitely a club banger and it will get the club going. A mix of fast techno/hip hop infused with Godzilla. Bass thumpin' and super smooth flows by Vato and Foreign Beggars. This is a must download for you crazy people out there.

Recommended for casual playlists.

Chris Webby - There Goes the Neighborhood (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 1, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

4/5

Chris Webby's album is a mix between Childish Gambino's Camp and Mac Miller's Blue Side Park. If you like either of them, then you will enjoy this one. Not as strong as those two, but it definitely holds its own. Chris Webby has some really good flows and he pours his heart out on each track. A lot of the tracks on his album talks about how he's finally made it. And this is his break out album just like Mac Miller. I have to say some of his tracks aren't as well produced. But it doesn't hurt the album too much. Still a recommended download.

Some recommended tracks:

What I Do icon

Skyline icon

There Goes the Neighborhood icon

I'm Gone icon

Until I Die icon

Recommended for Hip-Hop/Rap fans.

Common - The Dreamer, The Believer (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 16, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

4.5/5

Common has been around for a long time. He's been around for a long time, because of his music. If you want to listen to inspirational, uplifting, and real talk music, then this is it. Common has always stayed true to himself no matter how big he got. And I give him mad props for that. Not many hip hop artists can do that these days. This is his latest album and it doesn't disappoint. I think my favorite track on here is "The Believer". The track features John Legend and it's just a treat to listen to. Highly recommended. 

Some recommended tracks:

Ghetto Dreams icon

Blue Sky icon

Sweet icon

Raw (How You Like It) icon

The Believer icon

Recommended for Hip-Hop/Rap fans.

Dorrough Music - Gangsta Grillz: Silent Assassin (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 13, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

2.5/5

The first thing I heard when playing this album was screaming. Screaming for the first 15 seconds of the first song. I was thinking to myself what a great way to start off an album (*sarcasm*). And from beginning to end that might have been the best part of the album. Jokes aside. This is a really mediocre album. Even to Dorrough standards. There are only a few songs which are decent and the rest is easily forgettable. Even though he has a good amount of tracks on here, only a few are worth downloading. Eh. On to the next one.

Some recommended tracks:

That Lowend icon

Blake Griffin icon

Headrocked icon

Good Day icon

Pluto icon

Recommended for Dorrough fans.

Dumbfoundead - DFD (Album)*
Release Date: Nov. 1, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

4/5

Dumfoundead. Have you heard his battles on Grind Time? You should check him out. He's definitely an inspiration and hope to hear more from him soon. This album is pretty good and you won't be disappointed in it at all. His flows are pretty sick and he's just getting started. I think my favorite track on this albums is "Cell Phone". Smooth beats and smooth lyrics. Winning formula.

Some recommended tracks:

Town icon

Green icon

Cell Phone icon

BRB icon

Are We There Yet icon

Recommended for Hip-Hop/Rap fans.

French Montana, Juicy J & Project Pat - Cocaine Mafia (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 20, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

3/5

Even though this isn't a great album by any means. It's still better than what I expected. A step up from Dorrough's album. There are actually some good tracks on here. If you like heavy bass, then this album speaks to you. "Self Made" is my favorite track on here. Akon is featured on this track and it's pretty catchy. So if your just lookin' for some bass bumpin' tracks. Download this album.

Some recommended tracks:

Catch Ya Later icon

You Need Haters icon

Self Made icon

Choppa Choppa Down icon

Straight Cash icon

Recommended for Speaker Bumpin' fans.

Gucci Mane & V-Nasty - Baytl (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 9, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

1.5/5

Yikes. I'm not even sure what to say right now. I'm not sure who's worse. V-Nasty or Kreayshawn? They are both pretty bad, but I think V-Nasty might take this battle. Even though Gucci Mane isn't that good either. To team up and endorse V-Nasty. New low. But hey he's gone through some troubles and I can see how his career is going to end. And for V-Nasty you are just going to have to listen to her to form your own opinion. Bleeeh. If your looking for some tracks to get super wasted to. I guess this is it. 'Nuff said.

Some recommended tracks:

Loaded icon

Let's Get Faded icon

White Girl icon

Millions Every Month icon

Sick Swag icon

Recommended for Gucci Mane fans.

Kidz In the Hall - Occasion (Album)*
Release Date: Nov. 22, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

4/5

A really enjoyable album. I really like the style of this album. Different styles of tracks and it all fits together really well. There are quite a bit of tracks I really enjoy. I think Kidz In the Hall hit a home run with this album. "Occasion" is a fun laid back party song. "That Good" is probably my favorite on this album. This is a recommended download.

Some recommended tracks:

Real Life icon

Occasion icon

That Good icon

Crash Dummy icon

Pour It Up icon

Recommended for Hip-Hop/Rap fans.

Krayzie Bone - Under the Influence (Album)*
Release Date: Nov. 22, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

4/5

Even though this is a "Fixtape". It is quite enjoyable. I've enjoyed Krayzie Bone throughout the years and this album doesn't disappoint. For all the fixtapes, Krayzie Bone raps off of other well known tracks. His style works well on most of them and I hope to hear a new album from him soon. Recommended download.

Some recommended tracks:

Guess They Don't Know icon

Explosive icon

Still Ain't Gone Save 'Em icon

Nobody Knows (Grandad Remix) icon

Smile (Grandad Remix) icon

Recommended for Hip-Hop/Rap fans.

Mistah F.A.B. - I Found My Backpack 2 (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 6, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

4/5

Mistah F.A.B. underrated and unappreciated. If you like some real, old school, westcoast hip hop, then this is the album to get. He puts together a really good album and gets some great hip hop artists on this album. This is an album that reminisces from the past and gives good flows and good messages. Definite download.

Some recommended tracks:

Bring the Classics Back icon

In My City icon

I'm A Legend icon

Probably B the Greatest icon

Where I'm From icon

Recommended for Hip-Hop/Rap fans.

N.O.R.E. - Scared Money - EP (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 13, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

4/5

This is actually a mini review, because there are only a total of five tracks on this album. It is a really good EP though. I really like it and it got some good artists in this album. Meek Mill, Pusha T, Pharrell and uhh Lil Wayne (if you like him). Great produced tracks and N.O.R.E. does his thing like he usually does. Recommended.

Recommended for Hip-Hop/Rap fans.

Naughty by Nature - Anthem, Inc. (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 13, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

4/5

So hip hop isn't dead? There are some really good albums that aren't always about women and cash. But just good hip hop music. So I'm glad this part of the scene hasn't gone away. I think it needs to co-exist with the other forms of hip hop for this industry to survive. Naughty by Nature was always playing when I grew up. And they are still around to this day. Which makes me a happy camper. This album is great and is a throwback to the old days. Definite download.

Some recommended tracks:

Naughty Nation icon

Throw It Up icon

Perfect Party icon

Name Game (Remember) icon

Hip Hop Hooray (20th Anniversary Recording) icon

Recommended for Hip-Hop/Rap fans.

Roscoe Dash - J.U.I.C.E. - EP (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 20, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

3.5/5

This is another mini review since the album only has seven tracks. Roscoe Dash has a lot in common with Big Sean. Although I think Big Sean will go further in his career. There are some really nice tracks in this album. "Good Good Night" is the ultimate club banger. "Sidity" reminds me of a track that Big Sean would do. Actually he's featured in it so go figure. "Into the Morning" and "I Do" are his other tracks I really like. Other than that the rest of the tracks are just mediocre. Decent album, but nothing to spectacular. Download if you like Roscoe Dash. icon

Recommended for casual fans.

Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa - Mac and Devin Go to High School (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 12, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

2.5/5

Not impressed whatsoever. Actually very disappointed. Besides "Young, Wild & Free" which is outplayed on the radio, all the other tracks are mediocre. It gets pretty old, pretty fast when your whole album is about gettin' high and that's it. I expect more from Snoop Dogg, but from his latest features and tracks he is just going downhill. I guess I could see this from Wiz, because that's what he talks about a lot from his tracks. But the one problem is the beats are uninspiring too. Easily forgettable album. Eh. 

Some recommended tracks:

Smokin' On icon

Talent Show icon

Young, Wild & Free icon

OG icon

World Class icon

Recommended for casual fans.

T. Mills - Leaving Home - EP (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 12, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

4/5

T. Mills is a very interesting person. Started making his own music at home using software like Pro Tools and Logic. So for that I give him mad props. There are only six songs so this is a mini review. Well produced tracks. Some of the tracks are very catchy. A couple of club bangers thrown in there. I really enjoyed it. Don't miss out on this. Check it out. Definite download.
icon

Recommended for casual fans.

The Roots - Undun (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 6, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

4.5/5

The Roots. What more can you say about them? They've won quite a bit of music awards and for good reasons. The tracks are inspiring and they are great storytellers. It is a very laid back album and is great to just lay down and listen to the whole album in one sitting. I hope they will be here for a long time, because we need this side of hip hop to balance the other side of hip hop we hear from the radio. Must download.

Some recommended tracks:

Make My icon

One Time icon

The OtherSide icon

Stomp icon

I Remember icon

Recommended for Hip-Hop/Rap fans.

T-Pain - rEVOLVEr (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 2, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

3.5/5

T-Pain. Synonymous with auto-tune. All of T-Pain's upbeat tracks are great. Great club bangers and will get people dancing. Where this album fails is all of the slow tracks. And there are too many slow tracks that outweigh the upbeat ones. If he made more upbeat tracks this would have been a better album. Overall this is an above average album from him. Download the recommended tracks and you'll be good.

Some recommended tracks:

Bang Bang Pow Pow icon

Bottlez icon

It's Not You (It's Me) icon

Look At Her Go icon

Turn All The Lights On icon

Recommended for Clubber fans.

Trey Songz - Inevitable (Album)*
Release Date: Nov. 25, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

4/5

You know the drill. Mini review. There are only five tracks in this album. I'm a big fan of Trey Songz. And in this EP he has a little something for everyone. "Top of the World" is my favorite track on this album. "Outside, Pt. 1" is a sexy track and it's great makin' love to. He even makes a club banger "What I Be On" with Fabolous. Great little EP. Definite download.

Recommended for R&B fans.

Ruff Ryders - Past, Present, Future (Album)*
Release Date: Nov. 21, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

3.5/5

Grrrrrrr. Ruff Ryders is back. Or is it? The crew is back: DMX, The L.O.X., Eve, Drag on, Swizz Beatz, Jadakiss, and the rest of them. There are some newbies on this this album as well. So how is it you ask? Not bad. For there first time back in a long time. Although I think it could be better. I still enjoyed it. It's great to hear some of them. One of my favorites on this crew was Drag On. I hope to hear more from them. Download for your pleasure.

Some recommended tracks:

World's Greatest icon

Hot Steppa icon

Hip Hop icon

Watcha You Gonna Do icon

Love Potion icon

Recommended for Hip-Hop/Rap fans.

Young Jeezy - TM:103 Hustlerz Ambition (Album)*
Release Date: Dec. 20, 2011

icon icon
Album Review

3.5/5

Young Jeezy is back. To his standards its a pretty good album. To my standards its an above average album. There are some pretty good tracks on here like "F.A.M.E." and "Way Too Gone". But there are other tracks on here that is just mediocre. I'm glad he's back though and I hope to hear better music from him.

Some recommended tracks:

What I Do icon

Way Too Gone icon

F.A.M.E. icon

I Do icon

Ballin' icon

Recommended for Hip-Hop/Rap fans.

* = Explicit

No comments:

Post a Comment